This cool site is powered by My Activity Journal, a simple, PHP-based, GPL'ed blog written from scratch as a spare time family project by Psylocke, Magie, and Engels Antonio.
13 days to go before Christmas!
"Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there really is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it."
- A.A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh and the House At Pooh Corner)
8 Tips to Feng Shui your Self
Monday, Aug 4, 2008, 4:44 PMWe've all heard of Feng Shui for your home or office. Below are tips for applying these same principles to the body you inhabit, which after all is the environment that affects you the most directly.
1. Clear the clutter. Decluttering is a courageous act. Are you ready to discover who you truly are? Your body gets clogged up too. Schedule a detox of your body - one easy way is to do a raw food detox - nothing but fruit and vegetables for 7 days. Then gradually add things back in to how you react to different foods. The more raw food you can eat, the more you'll detox your body, gain clarity, energy, and transform all parts of your life.
2. Place yourself in the "power position". Just as you position your desk and bed to have a clear view of the door - position yourself to have a clear view of your life. When you live life face on, you have more chance of seeing the subtle messages that come your way, and don't need big wake-up calls to get your attention. Is there anything you are not facing up to? Do you need to create space in your life to connect with yourself?
3. Surround yourself with things you love. How is your underwear? Do you wear clothes you love, ones that make you feel your best? Or, is your closet full of clothes you don't fit into or don't wear? It's time to declutter that closet and keep the colors and styles you love. And banish the old droopy underwear to the rag bag or the garbage bin!
4. Enhance your creativity. How much joy is in your life? Life is the ultimate creation and joy is a large part of that. Your life is yours to design. How can you be more creative, how can you experience joy every day, and how are you choosing to design your life? Is it time to create some different habits around weight and exercise? Maybe it's time for a new ha'ir style.
5. Fix anything that's broken. Anything broken will be blocking your energy. How are your teeth and your nails? Do you have any health issues that need addressing? Are you having regular checkups?
6. Create environments that support you. Along with your physical environment, do you have a support network, a mentor, a Coach? People who bring out your best and raise you up - people who remind you of your greatness when you forget, and people who will give you a gentle nudge when necessary. Most people make faster progress in a group. Would the structure of a program support you to make the changes you wish to make?
7. Balance your life - and create a flow of energy. How balanced are the different aspects of your life - spirituality, relationships, career etc? See the Life Wheel to discover how bumpy your ride is. The areas that score low are the ones you've not been putting much energy or focus into.
8. Make your self care a priority. Take a Spirit day - time for you, time to nourish your spirit, no errands, no work, space to hear those still, quiet voices as they float to the surface, space to honor the emotions that need to surface, time to declutter your spirit!
As you declutter your life and apply Feng Shui principles to the temple you inhabit, you will discover who you truly are. Remember, clutter is anything unfinished, unused, unresolved, tolerated or disorganized. Whether your clutter is physical, emotional, mental or spiritual it all conspires to cover up who you are - the real you! And, clutter holds your dreams!
©2008 Vicky White, The Feng Shui and Raw Food Coach. : www.LifeDesignStrategies.com